Sunday, March 23, 2014

True Story of a Polygamous Church Wife

I was born in Englehart, Ontario Canada, but raised in Owen Sound, a small city on Georgian Bay, about 250 miles south.

In my mid-teens, I was forced into the Church of Jesus Christ (Restored) by my manipulative and domineering mother. My mother, an unstable religious fanatic, drugged and manipulated me into “marrying” a charismatic preacher more than twice my age. His name was Stan King.

In the early seventies Stan broke from The Reorganised Church of Latter Day Saints, which broke away from mainstream Mormonism in the mid 1960's – he then established his own fundamentalist Mormon sect. His followers called him The Prophet.

One of the basic doctrines which the new group re-embraced was the belief in polygamy.
One of his entitlements as “Prophet” was the privilege of having plural wives:

When I moved in with King at his farmhouse I joined his legal wife, and two other “church wives”, one of whom was only 14 years old. Stan had a fondness for group sex, and as time passed he bedded three more “wives” ranging in age from 10 to 17.

I spent over forty years in the Cult and endured physical, mental and emotional abuse throughout those years. I provided two sons to the original Prophet and was eventually “transferred” against my will to the second Prophet and because of my resistance I was placed under house arrest and confinement for nearly eight years.

Fearing for my life after yet another savage beating, I finally and quickly escaped the Cult in March, 2008 and managed to convince my oldest son to escape with me. I stepped out into a new and foreign world, one which I had been brainwashed into believing was a dark and evil place which would destroy me. I have found the opposite, and many times the kindness of strangers has amazed me.

Having secured two jobs and settling into a happier life, I met John Christie six months after my escape. We have been married since October 2009, we live in Owen Sound, Ontario Canada. and now spend our time trying to make a difference on the issue of polygamy in society.

Our book,
Property, The True Story of a Polygamous Church Wife is intended to bring increased awareness of polygamy as the global seeping scourge they believe it to be.

- Carol Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *