Sunday, March 17, 2013

This is not the first time...

This not the first time a Naropa faculty member created such problems. It was in fact much more prevalent in Naropa's early days when even its founder ran amoc. Read "When I Was Cool" by Sam Kashner.

Your clarification explains KK's behavior when I and a colleague talked with Sharoni after a performance at Cornish in Seattle in summer 2011.

I studied at Naropa only as an older student who refused to allow teachers to be god-like.

For what it is worth I see butoh as a very dark form of dance. Having said that Sharoni was one the best I have seen, and I always felt that when she got there she gave Naropa's program validity. Until Sharoni that program was run by an egotistical idiot.


Note: Writer's name has been removed to protect their identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *