Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I GREW UP IN AN APOCALYPTIC CHRISTIAN CULT

"All my life I had been taught that constantly moving was part of our family’s duty to God. I had lost count of how many places we had lived. I wanted to be normal, so I convinced my parents to let me enroll in Rowland High School... At 15 years old, it was my first day at any school, anywhere, ever."

" I wasn’t allowed to leave without permission. If I did, I would be banned from ever returning and doomed to eternal hell and condemnation in the afterlife. My parents and the other adults I lived with told me that I was allowed to leave, but if I did I’d be giving up my birthright as one of God’s 144,000 chosen and would forfeit my spot in heaven come the apocalypse in 1993."

http://ow.ly/IYbb303tnoz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *